5 Ways to Style a Skinny Scarf
Skinny scarves are cute, versatile accessories that can contribute to a striking outfit. Skinny scarves can be tied in different fashions, depending on the look you're going for, and come in colors and patterns that can match with a variety of clothing, footwear, and jewelry. If you're looking for an easy accessory, a skinny scarf will look great on you when paired with the right outfit.
1. Sling the scarf around your shoulder for a casual look. If you want something more casual, wrap a skinny scarf once around your neck and then toss one end over your shoulder. Leave the other end hanging down the front. This makes for a cute style that can be worn for a casual get-together with friends.
2. A skinny scarf can be used as a creative replacement for a conventional necklace, giving your outfit a unique look. Wrap your scarf in a snug fashion around your neck and tie it in the back. You'll be left with a strip of scarf lining your neck like a choker necklace. This can work for both formal and informal occasions.
3. Knot the scarf near your neck. For a carefree look, wrap the scarf around your neck and let the loose ends hand down in front. Then, tie them into a sloppy knot, making one end a little longer than the other. This helps create a carefree image that works great for informal events.
4. Tie it into a bow. If you want something feminine and formal, add a bow with your scarf. Tie the scarf around your neck, with the loose ends hanging out in the front. Then, tie the loose ends into a neat bow for a decorative flare.
5. Tie the scarf around your head, waist or wrist. Do not limit wearing your scarf around your neck. You can turn the scarf into a headband by tying it over your forehead. You can also use it as a cute alternative to a belt by tying it around your waist. Getting a little creative with the placement of your scarf can translate to a unique accessory!